Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Matter Of Perspective

To be grateful, sometimes it helps to change our focus in situations. I don't do this perfectly so this is what I am striving for in my life.

Instead of being frustrated because my husband arrives home late from work, I am grateful he has a job that supports us.

Instead of being frustrated with all the medical care my son needs, I am grateful we have the insurance that covers a majority of the care he needs.

Instead of focusing on how far away from home we are, I am grateful we have found such strong faith communities and many families that now feel like part of our family.

Instead of getting frustrated with the loads of laundry that need to be washed, I am grateful we have the clothes we need.

Instead of getting frustrated with the messiness that inevitably penetrates this house, I am grateful we live in a good, safe neighborhood and all our needs are met.

Instead of getting frustrated when I cannot find a good spot at mass, I am grateful so many people have decided also to attend that mass.

Instead of being sad because we cannot be close to our extended family over the holidays, I am grateful I have the Internet, phone and digital pictures to keep in touch as well as two beautiful boys and a great husband to celebrate with on Christmas.

It's all a matter of perspective ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right. It is thinking about the positive instead of the negative.

Love
Mom

Beverly Huckaba said...

Ria - I loved these comments and they are so true. You have definitely become a very wonderful young woman (not that I ever doubet that you would). Dwelling on positive things rather than negative makes all the difference in the world -- a lesson all of us need to practice! Love, Grandma H.

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania
I'm a mommy, wife and educated woman with an inquisitive mind. I am always looking in ways to challenge and grow in my faith. Many wise people I have known have reminded me if I am not growing, I am going in the wrong direction.