Friday, January 16, 2009

Exercises You Are Better Off Without This Year

With the start of the new year, it seems like everyone is always giving you advice on how to better exercises so it caught my attention when I was listening to the radio, the broadcaster began speaking about exercises we are better off without this year. I couldn't remember them all (I was driving and trying to remember while paying attention), but wanted to share what I did.

Jumping to conclusions - maybe we should step back and re-assess before making any hasty conclusions that are oftentimes wrong.

Fishing for compliments - I know I do this sometimes without even knowing it, but I know I need to do the best I can and rejoice in who I am in God, instead of looking to other people to build me up.

Beating our own drum - same as above. I need to be secure in who I am as God made me and know my rewards and the only ones that truly matter await me in Heaven.

Dragging our heels - I know there are many things I need to do and I tend to try to put off the ones I don't want to complete. I read somewhere that doing one thing you are dreading most in the day first thing gets it out of the way and you enjoy your day more. I know I tend to think more about what I have to do than it takes me to actually just do it.

Anyway, this isn't the whole list, but I thought it was pretty creative:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like this was a good program.

Love
Mom

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania
I'm a mommy, wife and educated woman with an inquisitive mind. I am always looking in ways to challenge and grow in my faith. Many wise people I have known have reminded me if I am not growing, I am going in the wrong direction.