Sunday, October 26, 2008

Beer Bob

While reminiscing, we came across pictures of one of the most colorful characters we may ever meet in our live - he went by the name Beer Bob.

Beer Bob lived in Barra de Navidad, Mexico, where we spent our honeymoon. He was an expatriate who was dying of liver cancer and spent his days riding the waves in the small fishing village.

He ran an unofficial library out of his house whenever he felt like opening his doors and you just had to bring a book to take a book. If you had time, you could hang out and grab a beer from the cooler and drink awhile (he was definitely on Mexican time).

We spent a few hours of our honeymoon with Beer Bob and he even gave us a piece of pottery from his collection he had begun some 20 years back.

I imagine he's probably gone now, but if we head back down to Barra, who knows? We may run into him again. Regardless, I doubt we will ever forget him. Here is a sign from his "library" and a picture of him waving goodbye.


1 comment:

Helen said...

Beer Bob is gone now. Goodbye Bob! I hope all is well where you are. Thank you for your generosity. Thank you for all the reads.

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania
I'm a mommy, wife and educated woman with an inquisitive mind. I am always looking in ways to challenge and grow in my faith. Many wise people I have known have reminded me if I am not growing, I am going in the wrong direction.