Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fun Memories

So today is my husband's and my 6th anniversary. The fun thing about wedding anniversaries is you get to reminisce about where you've been and dream about where you are going.

My husband and I were talking about how when we were dating and near getting engaged we had a huge fight about "missing" one another. I had said I missed him after not seeing him most of the day and I did. I made him a late lunch and brought it to his work because he hadn't had time to stop and eat and so I could see him. He looked at me like I was absurd and said, "Well I didn't miss you." Needless to say that although he probably didn't mean it the way it came out, I was upset and we realized we had different meanings of the word "missed."

We created a new word that secretly meant we missed each other in the way that we both agreed on the meaning and all was good.

We were talking about that tonight and how over time, we have grown to miss each other more and more when we are apart. We have grown so much closer together because of moving all across the US together, going through two grad programs, losing babies and having our little boys and everything else in between. When we got married, we never could have imagined what life had in store for us, but we are blessed to share it together and blessed God has given us each other to walk hand in hand.

My hubby said, "You know when I am at work, I just can't wait to get home because I truly miss you and the boys." Then we looked at each other and laughed about it. It's nice to be missed and it's nice to have that history with someone... the history where you don't have to give the whole background story, you just say, "remember the time..." and they know exactly which one you are talking about.

I am so blessed to have married my best friend and blessed that through all of the struggles and trials, we grow closer together by leaning on each other and asking God to guide us.

And I'm grateful for being missed:).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that fight :) I'm glad you had a good anniversary

Love
Mom

Unknown said...

You made me cry! What a nice post.

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania
I'm a mommy, wife and educated woman with an inquisitive mind. I am always looking in ways to challenge and grow in my faith. Many wise people I have known have reminded me if I am not growing, I am going in the wrong direction.