Monday, October 29, 2007

Learning Something New.....


So I'm finding that trying something new every day can be quite challenging when you are very pregnant and supposed to spend more time resting than anything else:). I'm glad I combined it with learning something new, which is a lot more feasible within my home.

Yesterday I learned the word zoophagous, which means:

1. flesh-eating, meat-eating
2. animal, animate being, beast, creature, fauna, brute - a living organism characterized by voluntary movement
3. carnivorous - (used of plants as well as animals) feeding on animals; "carnivorous plants are capable of trapping and digesting small animals especially insects"

Interesting:).

Today I figured out how often you need to clean your dryer lint (apparently every 6 months), why it is important and how to do it. Apparently the dryer sheets can leave a film on the vent and increases the risk of fire because the holes are blocked, even if they don't look like it.

You can tell if any holes are blocked when you run it under water. If the water pools above the vent instead of draining out, it's blocked.

It was very simple to clean....you take a toothbrush or soft bristle brush, run it under hot water and use dish washing soap to scrub clean the holes.

In the end, keeping that and your vents clean help decrease energy use and, most importantly, keeps your fire risk a lot lower.

So it's not an earth-shattering lesson, but it is a practical thing to know how to do.

And now, back to work. I have a few more weeks, pretty much until the baby's born and then I am finished with it.

More soon....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania
I'm a mommy, wife and educated woman with an inquisitive mind. I am always looking in ways to challenge and grow in my faith. Many wise people I have known have reminded me if I am not growing, I am going in the wrong direction.