Monday, December 10, 2007

Open Minds



I'm a sucker for good quotes and when I find ones I really like, I like to share them. I get a quote of the day on my google home page from C.S. Lewis and Albert Einstein. This one appeared today and I just loved it. What a great distinction he makes.

An open mind, in questions that are not ultimate, is useful. But an open mind about the ultimate foundations either of Theoretical or of Practical Reason is idiocy.
~ C.S. Lewis
Interesting....

Or as my dad always put it "Keep an open mind in life, but don't let your mind be so open your brain leaks out." I don't really want my brain leaking out so I think about that one on a regular basis (Yes dad, I did listen once in awhile when you gave advice;).

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania
I'm a mommy, wife and educated woman with an inquisitive mind. I am always looking in ways to challenge and grow in my faith. Many wise people I have known have reminded me if I am not growing, I am going in the wrong direction.