Friday, January 18, 2008

New Year's Resolution


So I can finally write a bit about my New Year's Resolution.

Since New Year's resolutions are focusing on making us better people, I had to think about things that I really want to change in my life.

One thing I have a difficult time with are when specific relationships in my life aren't going as smoothly as I would like.

A certain person in my family seems to have a very difficult time with me in general and our relationship is pleasant at best. I feel like she tolerates me because I am part of her family and therefore we share a lot of life together, but oftentimes doesn't tend to like me.

I am big people pleaser, so if I let it that fact alone can start to drive me insane. As difficult as that fact may be for me, I have to remember there are two people in every relationship and there is always more I can do to help create a better relationship with her. I want to create a better relationship with her for so many reasons, most of them private, but am at a loss at what to do to help foster it.

So my New Year's resolution is to pray for her everyday. To pray for our relationship and to show me what I need to change to be doing all I can do to help forge a better relationship. I want us to have a good relationship. I want to not dread time with her and instead enjoy it.

I have done this with other difficult relationships in my life before and God can truly work wonders. Sometimes it is not fun and God really asks me to change things, but I always come up so much happier and more peaceful than before. So now I am lifting this relationship up to Him. I know I can only do so much on my end, but I can still do more to really forge a better bond.

I have been doing this off and on for the last few weeks (amidst the chaos in our lives:) and pray God will show me how to love her more each day.

Here is to New Year's resolutions. Happy New Year!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania
I'm a mommy, wife and educated woman with an inquisitive mind. I am always looking in ways to challenge and grow in my faith. Many wise people I have known have reminded me if I am not growing, I am going in the wrong direction.