Friday, January 25, 2008

Taking Care of Mom

Life has been anything but calm since we hit the New Year. We had another two-day visit in the hospital last week with our little one. We are blessed it was only that long, but we still have a few more months to go before we can fully resume our normal life and be out and about again.

Last night I did something I rarely did - I went to bed at 9:30 pm. I had only slept 2 hours the night before and all the lack of sleep was catching up with me. Today I feel great and it makes such a difference in making it through the day.

While our baby was sick, my grandma gave me some great advice.

Once you are home, be sure to nap whenever you have a chance. Don't worry about cleaning house. The work will wait for you.

Isn't that the truth? I know sometimes I look over and see my almost 2-year-old fussing and waiting for me to finish whatever it is that I was doing and I have to stop and reevaluate...is this more important than helping him? Oftentimes the answer is no.

I have peace about the fact I will always have a to-do list, but the biggest thing I have "to do" right now is spend time with my kids and take care of their mom so I have energy to be with them. Easier said than done, but it helps to refocus my energy and efforts where they are most important.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania
I'm a mommy, wife and educated woman with an inquisitive mind. I am always looking in ways to challenge and grow in my faith. Many wise people I have known have reminded me if I am not growing, I am going in the wrong direction.