Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thrifty Thursday: Prescription Coupons, FSA Accounts



Thanks to my mom for this one:). If you go to individual drug makers web sites (just Google search them) you can often print off coupons or rebates for your prescription and non-prescription medicines. She said she got $20 in coupons the other day. Some it looks like you can do it every time you want one and some are a one time deal.

I take Zyrtec D and I found a $2 off coupon here and a $10 off rebate coupon for Astelin here.

Also, if you have a flexible spending account, make sure to claim all your money in your account with reimbursable drug and medical costs. Most companies allow 2007 claims up until March 15, 2008, so you still have a few weeks. If you do not use the tax-free money, you lose it so make sure to use all in the account.

If you do not have an FSA account, you can deduct medical expenses and costs if you itemize on your tax returns.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania
I'm a mommy, wife and educated woman with an inquisitive mind. I am always looking in ways to challenge and grow in my faith. Many wise people I have known have reminded me if I am not growing, I am going in the wrong direction.