Friday, February 29, 2008

Keeping Watch Over My Lips

Psalm 141:3
Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.

I LOVE this Bible verse, ... it is probably my single favorite verse. I feel like it was written as a prayer just for me because God knew some day, I would be born and need it my whole life:). (Yes, I can hear all of my family laughing out loud from halfway across the country).

I found it in college and have prayer it on a regular basis ever since. When I say too much, when I say things I shouldn't, when I am feeling weak I pray this prayer. I never want to use my "gift of gab" to hurt others, and yet I know I have over the years. I still need this prayer and I am sure many others can agree they could use it, at least from time to time.

Celebrate the gift of our extra 24 hours we get today. I often hear others (and myself) pray for extra time - well here we go. We shouldn't waste it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good verse for all of us to remember.

Mom

Bob Lozano said...

I really did start laughing when I read this ... it's good to know ourselves!

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania
I'm a mommy, wife and educated woman with an inquisitive mind. I am always looking in ways to challenge and grow in my faith. Many wise people I have known have reminded me if I am not growing, I am going in the wrong direction.