Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Time For Reflection

Today is Ash Wednesday, the official start of Lent and a period of reflection in Christians' lives. I always have a million aspects I want to improve, but none more important than being more faithful to God and His plan for me in my life.

One of my favorite quotes of all times really has made me think over the years.

From this vantage point, he could see clearly that those who pursue holiness can find both holiness and happiness, while those who pursue happiness find neither.

~ from "Deadline" by Randy Alcorn

Powerful, bold and very true. Most of the times I am filled with the most holiness and happiness is when I am serving others and focusing on following where God is leading me, not when I focus on myself, my material possessions or other relatively trivial matters.

A little kick off for the next 40 days of reflection:).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the quote. Happy lent to you :)

Mom

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania
I'm a mommy, wife and educated woman with an inquisitive mind. I am always looking in ways to challenge and grow in my faith. Many wise people I have known have reminded me if I am not growing, I am going in the wrong direction.