Saturday, November 10, 2007

Take Time To Laugh


I love this. I was finishing cleaning up my craft area and found this from when I worked at a news station. I was having a difficult day, week, month, year (take your pick:) and I really needed something to make me look at the situation in a new light. One of my coworkers had this at her desk and I borrowed it, copied it and hung it high where I could see it every day. It really made me take a breath and remember to focus on what I could do to improve my situation and what I could learn that day, not what wasn't happening for me at work. It was a lot easier to focus on one thing each day too, instead of the overwhelming amount of aspects I wanted to change all at once.

Take Time to Laugh
Here are some great tips on how to make your day a little easier to take. And
remember there is always time to laugh!!!

Mondays are for Compliments: This overcomes our tendency to critize and be judgmental of others, which robs us of laughter. Look for the good in others,
tell them about it, and you might just end up laughing together. "A kind word
often goes unspoken, but never goes unheard."

Tuesdays are for Flexibility: There is no laughter in being stubborn. We all get set in our ways and yet it is a good thing to be open to new ideas. It can be more fun than being in a rut. An open mind lets the laughter in. "The tree that bends in the wind does not break."

Wednesdays are for Gratitude: A good way to feel miserable is to always think you need something more to make you happy. An attitude of gratitude
brings serenity and laughter. "As you go through life, let this always be your
goal; Keep your eye upon the donut and not upon the hole!"

Thursdays are for Kindness: Think of ways to help make the other person’s life a little easier. Simple kindness may be the most vital key to the riddle of how human beings can live with each other in peace, and care properly for this planet we all share. "The practice of kindness creates healthy relationships and community connection and inspires people to pass kindness on to others."

Fridays are for Forgiveness: Forgiveness means letting go of anger. Find a way to see those who have hurt you in the new light of compassion. Releasing
anger makes you healthier and opens up room in your heart for more laughter.
"I never hold a grudge because while I am being angry the other guy is out
dancing!"

Weekends are for Chocolate: Remember to eat some chocolate or any other favorite food. Remember to take time for leisure, pleasure and relaxation. "A bad day fishing beats a good day working."

World Laughter Tour, INC.

1 comment:

Obsessedwithlife said...

Awesome! Would you mind if I borrowed that sometime possibly in my blog? I'll link it to you too, if you would like. Lemme know :).

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania
I'm a mommy, wife and educated woman with an inquisitive mind. I am always looking in ways to challenge and grow in my faith. Many wise people I have known have reminded me if I am not growing, I am going in the wrong direction.