Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Blessings


We have much to be thankful for this week, much less this year.

This week, I am so thankful for my mom, who has helped me out tremendously with my newborn and my toddler. Without her, I don't know how I could have possibly made the transition so smoothly. She has years of experience to offer after raising eight of us and has such a love for babies it's not difficult to sneak away for a quick nap. I am going to miss her and all the good cooking when she takes off. It's a rare treat we get a whole week with her and our family always relishes it.

I am also so grateful for a woman at our parish who offered to watch our son as we headed to the hospital. It's difficult to find people who are available, much less willing and offering. She came over at 4am and spent the whole day with him. Without her, I am not sure what we would have done. God really places the people and resources you need when you need them in your life. My mom arrived that afternoon and was able to take over for her.

Of course we are thankful for the birth of our second son. Over the years we have learned not to take anything for granted, especially the blessing of children. After this summer of bed rest and several scares, it is wonderful to be at home recovering from the birth of our son and to realize he is here happy and healthy.

We are also thankful for so many other things, here are a few:
  • my husband's new job

  • a place to live

  • the ability for me to stay home

  • selling our house

  • friends all over

  • family

  • our health

  • the health of our babies and those we love

  • the ability to travel and visit those we love

  • opportunities to take photos, write and share

  • health insurance

  • proper health care

  • money for medicines we need

  • strong faith

  • church community

  • new friendships

  • old friendships

  • everyone in between:)

  • freedom to practice what I believe

  • freedom to voice my opinion

  • freedom to live how I choose


So on this day of Thanksgiving, I am very blessed and grateful for all the gifts God has bestowed on us. May you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving as well.

2 comments:

Obsessedwithlife said...

Awesome list! Happy Thanksgiving!

Bob Lozano said...

Well spoken ... y muchas gracias para you and your family!

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania
I'm a mommy, wife and educated woman with an inquisitive mind. I am always looking in ways to challenge and grow in my faith. Many wise people I have known have reminded me if I am not growing, I am going in the wrong direction.