Friday, November 2, 2007

What Would You Do With $700K A Month?


Apparently court papers disclose that Britney Spears receives $737,000 a month and spends it all. Now I don't tend to read much of any news about stars and such, but this caught my attention - probably because it was a headline on several random news sites like CNN. (Click here to read the article).

I actually find myself feeling sorry for the girl because as messed up as she is, I think she's just really lost in life.

I don't know about you, but I can't even begin to fathom that much of money in a month .... or a year:). We make a decent income, but that's a completely different level.

My first thought, well after 'How in the heck do you spend that much money in month?!?!?' is what a chance she has to make a difference in the world. I truly believe that the gifts God gives us should be used to help out those in need of help and to carry out what God is calling us to carry out in life.

I'm not just saying that because she seems to have ridiculous amounts of money and we don't. I really believe I am just as called to share whatever gifts, resources and blessings I have as well. I may not be able to make million-dollar gifts to organizations I care about, but I can make regular gifts of $20, $40 or the like to help support their ministries. I can volunteer my time to help organize fundraisers, volunteer to work on elements for their web sites or volunteer my photography skills to cover an event they have. Many organizations rely on the charity of ordinary people to keep running and get the resources they need.

I may not ever get recognized in the same way as someone who makes some big contribution, money, resources or otherwise, but that should never stop me from doing my part. It's important to remember that no matter how small the gift, it's those everyday gifts that make up the majority of help organizations and individuals in our world will actually see and use.

PS: It also goes to show that money does not buy happiness. Although you may know this in your head, it can be difficult to truly remember this as we go through life - especially at times there are money worries, but God always provides for our needs.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Pennsylvania
I'm a mommy, wife and educated woman with an inquisitive mind. I am always looking in ways to challenge and grow in my faith. Many wise people I have known have reminded me if I am not growing, I am going in the wrong direction.